The scary season has arrived – and the Press-Telegram wants to be spooked.
The newspaper is again launching its popular Scary Stories contest for Long Beach area youth. Winning entries – both stories and artwork – will be published in the Press-Telegram on Halloween, Oct. 31.
The rules are the same as last year: there will be three age categories for stories and drawings: Elementary school (K-5), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12).
Here are the rules:
• The deadline is Oct. 24.
• All entries must be emailed, with the subject line “Scary Stories,” to: ptnews@presstelegram. Stories can be submitted in the body of the email, or as a Word attachment; drawings should be submitted in JPEG format, no larger than 5MG in size.
• Stories must be no longer than 650 words.
• Artwork must be original (no tracings)
• Entries will be judged based on imagination, creativity and theme.
• The winning entries will be published in the Press-Telegram on Oct. 31, and posted online.
If you have any questions, e-mail Press-Telegram City Editor Melissa Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-499-1280.